Yarisal & Kublitz - Anger Release Machine (2008) - Vending machine, porcelain, crystal glasses, plates, statuettes, various items
- There are no green stars. (more)
- While there aren’t green stars, there *are* green objects in space! (more)
- When 3 celestial bodies align, like in an eclipse, it’s called a “syzygy”.
- Earth has aurorae, but other planets do too. For Jupiter, its moons play a role: (more)
- It would take almost 9 years to walk to the Moon. If there were a road 400,000 km long.
- There are 88 official constellations, the same number as keys on a piano.
- There’s no real definition of how far over your head the sky starts.
- On the surface of a neutron star, the gravity is so strong you’d weigh several *billion* tons.
- There are hundreds of billions of planets in our galaxy. (more)
- Four planets in the solar system have rings: Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune. (more)
- Mars is red due to the presence of large amounts of iron oxide: rust! (more)
- Over 500 people have flown into space - about 0.000007% of the world’s population.
- Where “space” starts - the Kármán line - is 100 km above Earth’s surface.
- The first stars in the Universe formed about 400 million years after the Big Bang. (more)
- The Earth is warming up. (more)
- Every time a comet goes around the Sun, it dies a little bit. (more)
- The Earth is 3.7x the Moon’s diameter, 50x its volume, and 81x its mass.
- A green aurora is due to electrons recombining with oxygen atoms high in the air. (more)
- Brown dwarfs aren’t brown. They’re red. Really, really red. (more)
- If you stand on your tiptoes, the horizon is about 5 km (3 miles) away. (more)
- Pluto is smaller than our own Moon, yet has (at least) four moons of its own. (more)
- The core of the Sun is 15 million degrees Centigrade - that’s 27 million degrees F.
- By combining three equations, you can describe the overall evolution of the Universe. (more)
- The Moon orbits the earth at a velocity of about 1 km/sec, roughly as fast as a rifle bullet.
Isn’t it so weird when you rediscover your old diaries and read what you wrote? I always feel like I’m reading someone else’s thoughts, the younger me. For some reason I feel so protective of her. I want to hug her and tell her that I love her and that everything is going to be alright. Of course I always end up crying.